"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, March 25, 2016

Dylan, the Triduum & Fr. Tom


My Slow Takes

1. Its Saturday evening and I’ve just finished watching the NBC Evening News. Dylan Dreyer did a weather update and I noticed that she was still in the same dress she wore on this mornings weather segment. Before I continue, I want you to know that Dylan is a beautiful woman and does an excellent job with providing weather. That’s one of the reasons I watch “Today.” Now, at the same time I need to acknowledge that Al Roker does an excellent job as well. But in a national survey of who is more pleasant to watch, Dylan, Al or me, Dylan would have the highest percentage of votes. Anyway, what am I writing about? Dylan had the same dress on this evening she had on this morning. Usually a woman would have changed dresses within the ten hour time period. Dylan did not. From my vantage point she still looked as fresh at 6:30 PM as she did at 8:00 AM. Isn't television wonderful?

2. I completed some more miniatures this week. Photos here.

3. The Triduum is a beautiful time of the year. We are blessed that this year our granddaughters Eryn and Hailey will be baptized, confirmed and receiving Holy Communion at the Easter Vigil. Dee and I are the Godparents. 

4. This is from Wednesday’s, “Your Daily Tripod.” 

“Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil was the chaplain of the Sisters of Mother Teresa killed in Aden. He was kidnapped and is now assumed to be in Jihadi hands. So far, nothing is known about his fate. The Rector Major of his order addressed the Salesian Family asking for prayers for the victims of sectarian violence.”


5. Apple combines Cookie Monster and Siri to bring about a terrific Sesame Street moment. Dee and I laughed and reminisced about watching Cookie monsters back when our sons were growing up. 


6. Dee and I wish all of you a blessed Easter.


7. Barbara Fairchild - The Teddy Bear Song


Kelly ("This Ain't the Lyceum,”) is not hosting this week, her laptop died. She will return April 1,2016. You can still read some "old" takes at her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment