"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 1, 2016

Christmas, Family & Magi


My Slow Takes

1. The Bisons stampeded over the Spiders on a cold wintry night about 200 miles south of Canada. The stadium is an indoor facility, appropriately named the “Fargodome.” North Dakota fans were the 13th player and made sure that the noise level was as high as possible. This ends the Spider football season, but do not despair, they will be back. They have been in the FCS semifinals three times since 2007 and will be there again. Thank you to the team and coach Rocco for an exciting season.

2. The photo is our, communion to the sick ministry team. Jim retired from the team tis year and we held a gathering for him. He was responsible for establishing this ministry and we are blessed with all that he did.

Jerry, Me, Tom, Jim and Dave
3. Our family gathered on Christmas Day for presents, food and sharing. We aren't always able to be together, so this year we were blessed that it worked out.



Me and Eric
4. Dee took a these photos of the crèche at our church.


The Shepard is a likeness of Msgr. Shreve.
5. This is a Celtic prayer that I chose for New Year’s Day. It is from Anam Cara’s blog.

“God bless to me the new day
never vouchsafed to me before
it is to bless thy own presnce thou has
given triumph God.
Bless though to me
mine yes
may mine eye bless all it sees
I will bless my neighbour
my my neighbour bless me,
God give me a clean heart
let me not from sight of thine ey
bless to me my children and my wife
and bless to me my means and cattle.”

Have a Blessed New Year.


6. “When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of King Herod, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem,
saying, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star at its rising and have come to do him homage.”

They said to him, “In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it has been written through the prophet:

‘And you, Bethlehem, land of Judah,
are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
since from you shall come a ruler,
who is to shepherd my people Israel.’”  MT 2:1-6

7. The Piano Guys - We Three Kings”



Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment