"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, May 29, 2015

Wolves, Age of Empires, and St. Neri.


My Slow Takes

1. How Wolves Change Rivers. I don’t know how accurate this is, but it is worth watching.

“I remember when the wolves were introduced back into Yellowstone National Park about 20 years ago.
I also remember the debates about whether or not it was a good thing.
I don't know your thoughts on this but have a look at this video clip. How often do we wonder, what difference does one animal make in the greater scheme of things?
Well, here is the answer or at least one of them!
Sit back and enjoy this amazing video on how just one animal has changed the environment.”


2. In 1999 Ensemble Studios developed “Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings.” I purchased a copy for my Mac, having owned the previous games. It was the most enjoyable of the series, and then the “Gold Edition” was released. This new version included the “Conquerors.” The series was getting better and better.  
Unfortunately as my Apple OS developed, my game fell behind. Last week I took an old Mac Book, loaded it with OS X and then loaded “Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings.” It is the “Gold Edition for Mac.” I’m at it again! Love this game and still have not tired of it.


3. Monday was the Memorial of Saint Philip Neri. Catholic Online has information on Saint Philip, including the following prayer. 

“Saint Philip Neri, we take ourselves far too seriously most of the time. Help us to add humor to our perspective -- remembering always that humor is a gift from God. Amen.”

Melanie Rigney wrote the following for her “Piety” part of “Your Daily Tripod” blog.

“Joyful, joyful we adore Thee, God of glory, Lord of love; hearts unfold like flow’rs before Thee, op’ning to the sun above. Melt the clouds of sin and sadness; drive the dark of doubt away; giver of immortal gladness, fill us with the light of day! (“Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee,” lyrics by Henry J. van Dyke)”

The song got into my head and I found myself humming it for most of the day. 

4. Steve Givens always has an interesting outlook on life and how it relates to Jesus. I especially liked this because I’m not a garden/yard person. It gives me a different perspective for mowing the lawn and clearing weeds.

“I have practiced prayer when I work outdoors with our plants and growing things but the best practice by far seems to be a focus on exactly what is at hand, seeing the beauty even in the weed that needs to be pulled as well as in the plump blueberry that needs to be picked. To breathe deeply of the perfume of the soil and the newly cut clover. And I think “Jesus is here” and my task is a task of love for Him and there is peace and joy. Best of all, there is a further chipping away of the old me, the me I was never meant to be, and a growing of the real me, the one that the One created me to be.”

5. During the mid 1800’s, ferryboats, using real horse power, were being used in the United States. Paul, over at “Paul’s Bods” has created a miniature model. He is a talented individual who shares his creativity. 


An artists Impression of the Wreck found in Burlington Bay, Vermont.

6. Please pray for the team members and candidates of the Central Virginia Women’s Cursillo weekend, May 28-31, 2015.


7. Louis Armstrong - “What A Wonderful World” reminds me of “Good Morning Vietnam.” with Robin Williams. A great movie.



Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment