"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, April 17, 2015

Kitchen, Amen Corner, and Trees.


My Slow Takes

1. We are going to remodel our kitchen. This will take a couple of months and I will provide updates and photos as we progress. 
Current cabinets and sink.
Current cabinets and range.
2. The Masters is my favorite golf watching weekend. This year’s tournament was one of the best in a long time. Five players were in the double digits at the finish. Jordan Spieth, of course, set all sorts of records. My favorite, Phil Mickelson did well coming in second with Justin Rose.

Click on “Amen Corner” to see a video of the naming of these three holes.

This is the Par 3 hole at Amen Corner.
3. From “Christin’s Quote Book.”

“We all want progress, but if you’re on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” –C. S. Lewis

4. I’m dreaming about the beach already.

Photo by Dee
5. My neighbor bought some trees five or six years ago and paid about $3 a tree. They were “end of the season close outs.” He didn’t think they would live. So he gave one to me and it has done quite well. I believe it’s an Eastern Redbud.

Photo by me
6. Our Dogwood in bloom. Todd and his wife Lauren gave us this tree about seven years ago. It’s a special “family” tree that I enjoy every spring.

Photo by me
7. Linda Ronstadt - “Silver Threads And Golden Needles”




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment