"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 2, 2015

My Slow Takes About Quotes, Football and Plans.



“Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will.” ― Jonathan Edwards

2. The following paragraph is written by James Murphy. He is involved in law enforcement as an instructor. 

“I am the police, and I'm here to arrest you. You've broken the law. I did not write the law. I may even disagree with the law but I will enforce it. No matter how you plead, cajole, beg or attempt to stir my sympathies, nothing you do will stop me from placing you in a steel cage with gray bars. If you run away I will chase you. If you fight me I will fight back. If you shoot at me I will shoot back. By law I am unable to walk away. I am a consequence. I am the unpaid bill. I am fate with a badge and a gun. Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes I *can* be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who are the same as me. They will lay down their lives for me, and I them. We stand watch together. The thin-blue-line, protecting the prey from the predators, the good from the bad. We are the police.”
"Fidelis Ad Mortem"

3. January 3, 1993, at Rich Stadium in Buffalo, New York, Dee and I watched Frank Reich lead the Buffalo Bills in a terrific win over the Houston Oilers. It is still known as the "greatest comeback in NFL history." Our seats were in the upper deck and it was cold. But the excitement of the second half helped us to forget the weather as we shouted and cheered. I still have a copy of the "Buffalo Evening News" article. It's one of those moments of history that sports fans enjoy.

 4. Travis Tritt, “Between An Old Memory and Me.”





"Harbin, China - White whales and their trainers present a show for visitors at Harbin Pole Aquarium on January 7, 2014 in Harbin, China. The aquarium is one of the tourist highlights of Harbin, attracting domestic and foreign tourists each year."

6. The Irish Lads played in the “Music Bowl,” yesterday.

Kyle Brindza “hit a 32-yard field goal as time expired, and Notre Dame upset No. 22 LSU 31-28…”

7. Last February I put together a painting plan for 2014. Some things were completed and some were not. My objective(s) changed adding and removing things from the list. I’m not disappointed, things are being completed and my collection continues to grow. More on this later.


Read other "Takes" at "This Ain't the Lyceum."

No comments:

Post a Comment